Due to the increased interest in participating at the international language conference the deadline for abstract submission has been extended to June 27. The conference titled ‘The Importance of Learning Professional Foreign Languages for Communication between Cultures’ will be held on 23 and 24 September 2010 at the Faculty of Logistics at the University of Maribor, Slovenia. You are invited to join the conference as a speaker or as a listener.
Authors should submit their abstracts by June 27 (the deadline for registration is July 15), whereas listeners should register by September 5.
We invite you to submit proposals for papers or workshops which will be delivered in English or one of the following world languages:
– German, Italian or French
– provided at least 5 conference participants register for a presentation/workshop.
Possible themes include, but are not limited to:
– teaching English or Englishes of the world?
– the role of languages for specific purposes in the 21st century,
– the Bologna process in an LSP course,
– modern approaches to LSP teaching with the emphasis on competences,
– intercultural dimension of teaching and learning in an LSP course,
– modern methods/approaches used in teaching LSP,
– developing language skills in an LSP course,
– assessment and grading in an LSP course,
– preparation of glossaries of professional terminology for LSP teaching,
– preparation of materials for LSP teaching,
– the impact of information and communication technology on teaching/learning LSP.
Those interested in presenting a paper or offering a workshop at the conference are invited to submit an abstract in English of 250-300 words and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Sunday, 27 June 2010 (please note that any abstracts received after this date will be put on a reserve list). Abstracts should include title,
presenter’s name(s), institutional affiliation, email addresses of author(s) and the language in which you would like to present your paper or offer a workshop.
Applicants will be advised by Monday, 5 July 2010, on the outcome of their submissions. Further instructions will be included in acceptance emails. The full text of accepted papers will be required no later than Sunday, 5 September 2010. Due to the fact that the entire programme needs to be designed and publications edited in electronic form, any papers received after 5 September 2010, cannot be considered.
Details on the conference will be published on our website: http://fl.uni-mb.si/
Please send all queries regarding your contributions (abstracts, final versions, questions) to:
Polona Vicic and Sara Orthaber
Faculty of Logistics
University of Maribor
Mariborska cesta 7
Si-3000 Celje, Slovenia
Tel.: +386 3 428 53 29
Fax: +386 3 428 53 38