Pakistan needs more emphasis on education. Mian Imran Masood Ex. Minister for Education

  ILM-o-AGAHI initiative aims to encourage journalists to create narrative on education: ILM-O-AGAHI Workshop Lahore – 01 April, 2014 – “Pakistan today needs more emphasis on education sector and media should also follow suit. Education sector is one of the most neglecting areas in reporting in media. Journalists often find it...

Continue reading

Role of Media stressed to evaluate and assess quality of education. ILM-o-AGAHI initiative aims to encourage journalists to create narrative on education: ILM-O-AGAHI Workshop

  Muzaffarabad – 28 March, 2014 – “Pakistan’s media should play an active role in promoting education for the marginalised segments of the society as it can help to eliminate economic disparity through the introduction of quality education. This will broaden the vision and horizon of the students to excel...

Continue reading

“Pakistan is Open for Business”

Karachi – 25 March 2014 – “Pakistan is Open for Business” this was the consensus at the 2nd roundtable for developing linkages between Pakistani and U.S. entrepreneurs. The roundtable was organized by U.S. think tank, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) in collaboration with Mishal Pakistan, a leading research...

Continue reading

Pakistan’s Entrepreneurial Potential and Private Sector Development Discussed at a Roundtable by CSIS and Mishal Pakistan

  Roundtable discussion on “Private Sector Development in Pakistan” by US think tank CSIS in Lahore chaired by Ms. Sadika Hameed, fellow with Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) and Mishal Pakistan. Pakistan’s Entrepreneurial Potential and Private Sector Development Discussed at a Roundtable by CSIS and Mishal Pakistan. “Pakistan...

Continue reading

5% Children in Azad Jammu & Kashmir still out of School with remaining 95% learning not satisfactory as well.

5% Children in AJK still out of School with remaining 95% learning not satisfactory as well. Pakistan’s education reporting in media fairly weak: ILM-O-AGAHI Workshop Mirpur Azad Jammu & Kashmir – 14 March, 2014 – Pakistan’s education and academia reporting within the industry is fairly weak. Alarming factors contributing to the...

Continue reading

MISHAL launches Education Advocacy Program, “ILM-o-AGAHI”

Islamabad, PK – 13 March, 2014– Mishal Pakistan has launched ‘ILM-o-AGAHI’ Education Advocacy Program to sensitize the media and policy makers to build consensus on priority education issues. Under the ILM-o-AGAHI initiative, Mishal will conduct education journalism workshops for reporters and editors responsible for education related content. Round table meetings...

Continue reading

Mishal to Conduct Nationwide Survey to Measure Pakistan’s Global Competitiveness Ranking for 2014-2015

The World Economic Forum in partnership with Mishal will conduct the Executive Opinion Surveys across Pakistan. Islamabad, PK – 6 March 2014 – The World Economic Forum in partnership with Mishal Pakistan will conduct the Executive Opinion Survey 2014 in Pakistan beginning in March 2014. The Executive Opinion Survey, “The...

Continue reading

US think tank, “CSIS” and Mishal Pakistan to look into the Entrepreneurial potential of Pakistan

  Islamabad, PK – 3 March, 2014 – The leading global think tank for international affairs and security, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) will be looking at the entrepreneurial potential of Pakistan through a series of round-table discussions across Pakistan. CSIS will be working closely with Mishal Pakistan, a...

Continue reading

The European Journalism Centre Releases the Verification Handbook for Journalists.

31 January 2014 – Maastricht, the Netherlands – The European Journalism Centre (EJC) has released the Verification Handbook, the first ever guide for using user-generated content (UGC) during humanitarian emergencies. Whether it is debunking images of ‘street sharks’ during Hurricane Sandy, or determining the veracity of videos that depict human rights abuses, reporting...

Continue reading